It happens every year…
You’re hosting Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or New Years at your house. You take a look around and think to yourself— should I paint, is it time to redo the floors, should we update the guest room, resurface the cabinets.
No, No, No & NO!
Don’t rush home improvements just because you have some people coming over. There are so many ways to TRANSFORM your home without taking a plunge.
Choose a theme and stick with it! And follow these steps:
- Start with the Christmas Tree – after all, it becomes the centerpiece of your house.
- Add garland to the mantle, banister and railings.
- Hang your stockings as soon as you get your tree.
- Enhance furniture by adding colorful, holiday themed throw pillows to the sofas. Drape throw blankets on the sofa back, even on ottomans – this will also make the room feel cozy.
- In the kitchen: change the placemats, poinsettia or candles are a great centerpiece for the table. Have holiday themed flatware? Glasses? Set the table and leave them out!
- Use accent pieces where you find open spaces – angels, Santas, poinsettias.
- Create festive centerpieces using tree clippings, candles, ribbons, and ornaments.
[random id=33 max=4]
Then move to the outside:
- A wreath can do wonders for a simple door.
- Christmas lights!!! Whether you choose colorful lights or white lights put them on the shrubs and the trees outside. A first impression for holiday gifts is everything. By adding lights outside, your home feels inviting. LED Twinkle lights and laser display make adding lights easier than ever!
- Keep it simple with ribbons and bows on your trees, doors, and shrubbery.
With a quick trip to your local holiday store, you can revamp your entire home and welcome your guests with pride. Check out our other pages for inspiration and inventory!